October 22, 2009

Summer Loving


For Sydney-siders yesterday was a quick blast of Summer and even though the temperature has dipped a little today I still want to show these amazing artworks I came across yesterday.

This is Sea Dunes by Cathy Nichols  and it is by far my favourite ever beach painting. As a pattern-aholic I love the detail in the surfboards. It is an original painting on wood that you can purchase in Cathy's etsy store 
Cathy has created a series of surfing artwork and these are not the typical surfing images which tend to have a masculine feel. Each has an element of pattern and colour which makes these a celebration of summer I would like in my home. The best part is as well as original art there are prints of each available in her shop





Check out the entire surfing collection and get some yourself some Summer loving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails