November 9, 2009

Bauble Up

It's certainly getting closer to Chrissy time now and that means it is time to start pondering the decorations! I LOVE this part of Christmas. For the past few years I have gone minimalist and used sticks (spray painted black) and kept it quite non-traditional. Last year I didn't even unpack some of the decorations I bought because we had just moved into our new home and unfortunately much more practical boxes were unpacked first.


 This image from Tine K Home sums up the "look" I have had in recently years.
This year however I am thinking of embracing a traditional green tree. We even have a window which we could place it in front of and have fairy lights on for people to view walking past.
I'm yet to confirm a tree - but did just take some time out to look through the Christmas Gallery at Living Etc
It's a wealth of inspiration and I have put together this little collection of baubles displayed in non-traditional, creative ways...




A bowl of baubles

A garland of baubles
 
A bauble cluster hanging from the ceiling



Bauble bunch for the door
I like the idea of spreading the Christmas decorating beyond the tree and gifts. Now I just need to find all my decorations and get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails